Who is Eligible for a Smile
- 18 or older
- Be diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of 12 months or less.
- Not have the means or resources to fulfill the Smile on their own.
- Live in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Smile Applicant
- Spouse or Significant Other
- One Adult Caregiver (providing that the spouse/significant other is unable to care for all their needs)
- Applicant’s children under the age of 18 living at home.
There is no set income qualification to apply for a Smile with Josh’s Smile-Beyond the Chair. Having said that, being that we do not have endless resources, it is our mission to fulfill a Smile for those who cannot fulfill them on their own. There are Smile request that don’t involve financial obligations, just connections and resources to make them happen.
Each application is looked at individually and take into consideration a wide range of things. We look at income, how many people live in the household, financial hardship and resources to get the fulfillment of their Smile. We will look at taxable income, social security disability statement or a bank statement.
- Ambulance transportation
- Medical equipment
- Nurses and aids
- Oncology Services
- Hospice care away from home