General Smile Request Application
If the Smile Applicant is under hospice care, please have the hospice social worker complete a Hospice Application. The Hospice Application is processed more quickly and available online for the social worker ONLY to submit.
Dear Smile Applicant,
Josh’s Smile Beyond the Chair is a foundation granting Smiles for adults with a life limiting illness and a life expectancy of 12 months or less. We do our very best to grant Smiles for those unable to fulfill them on their own.
We are a small nonprofit organization based in Port Orchard, Washington. By working together, with people helping people, we will make every effort to make your Smile come true.
Help us to help you make your Smile come true…
- If you are under hospice care, please have your hospice representative submit a Hospice Application.
- Please read this form very carefully and follow all the instructions to complete the steps necessary to make a Smile come true.
- You will find many answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Please submit all required information; incomplete applications will be denied.
We are unable to grant the following types of Smiles:
- Requests for adults with chronic illnesses- with the exception of individuals with a clinical prognosis of 12 months or less
- Surprise Smiles (those requests that have not been made known to the recipient)
- Legal assistance
- Funeral arrangements or posthumous requests
- Travel outside the United States
- Requests from individuals living outside the USA
- Cash/Financial assistance
- Reimbursements for completed Smiles
- Property or home improvements or repairs
- Medical treatment/supplies/equipment /transport
- Any Smile request deemed offensive, inappropriate or inconsistent with the values of our organization